Sunday, September 4, 2011

My awesome 19th Birthday :)


Left alone to my thoughts,I found it wandering towards the evening of the 19th of August. I was told later that my friends started planning my birthday long back, a month back..to be exact. Btw guys ,I am flattered :D Their plan goes like this..
          At 12 am on the 20th of August,2011 ,I was to be woken up and brought to Rashmi's room where they would have already done the decoration stuff and have my birthday cake ready .I was to cut the cake and give it to everyone .After that they would apply the cream on my face and take a picture .Then while I was cleaning my face they would switch off the lights and show me the video that Aarthi and Rashmi made .When this gets over ,they would give me my present which was to be a dress which Rashmi has bought and it will turn out to be a perfect fit. I would then comment on it and they would have the pleasure of saying that Rashmi's younger sister was about my height which had made buying it easier. Another surprise would be that I wouldn't know Vaishnavi was in the hostel,for she would put on an act that ,at any cost she wouldn't miss her school's Sports Day and would leave home in the college bus .So,when she shows up to wish me ,I would be taken by surprise and overcome by delight that she was in fact THERE when I had thought she was not :)
         It appears to be a flawless plan and it would have worked out very well if I had not been an astute person .Okay , yes ,that's a lie :D.I am in no way astute. In other words, I am one big BULB :(...But in this case, these people made so many huge blunders that even  "I" (And that's one big capital I) was able to find out.
        The first blunder was when Sumathi asked me if her dresses would fit me!!! I (being astute :P ) knew instantly that they were going to give me a dress :D..I mean, I can't be that stupid :D .The second one was when Vaish first told me that she wouldn't be there on my birthday. I was raving mad(and that would be an understatement :D )I started shouting at her at the top of my voice. Unfortunately(or fortunately??) this happened while we were eating in the mess and created quite a scene. Aarthi and Rashmi tried to calm me down by saying that she actuallly wasn't going, and this was actually a part of a big surprise... which sort of gave it away :D. By then I realized what was happening and acted as if I didn't hear them. Vaish still trying to maintain it ( :D )sat there looking sorry that she would miss my b’day :)..I acted as if I were angry with her even after we came to the room...So,the plan continued :)
      The third one was the day before my birthday..Vaish was supposed to be home by then and she sent me messages saying that she was sorry and stuff, still trying to maintain the act :D..Rashmi was talking on the phone and I asked who she was talking to..to which she replied "Appa kitta "..but I had heard her saying " Aan Sollu" on the phone and I know for a fact that her constant dialogue when she talked to her dad is "Aan Yes Pa"..which confirmed my suspicions that Vaishnavi was still in the hostel :D..Me ,being brilliant ,thought she would definitely be in one of those rooms which I visited the least, so I made surprise checks to some rooms on the 2nd floor trying to catch her in the act :D..but then, she proved that she was far more clever than me by staying in Akshaya's room which is like 20 steps from ours :(
      The fourth one would be when Rashmi asked me what song I liked the most. From that ,I knew they were making a video for me :D .Then the last one was just awesome..I had to go out of the room where I burst out laughing…
      Sumathi was sent to my room to prevent me from going upstairs (they were doing the decoration stuff) in case I had the urge to do that. Little did they know that I would never ever climb 2 floors unless they assured me there were Hide n Seek biscuit packets in their room :D..Anyways , I came into my room and asked Sumathi casually where Rashmi was..to which she became agitated and told (actually begged) me not to go to the 3rd floor and that she would do anything I wanted her to do..which is weird , coz ,after me ,she is the laziest person alive :D..hmmm, I'm still smiling when I think of that :D
       By 11:30 I was sound asleep and when Prithvi came and called me to Rashmi's room at 11:55,I just went with her. At their doorstep they shouted Happy Birthday. I went inside smiling like an idiot, saw Vaish but didn't actually show that much of a surprise..saw the cake(a chocolate cake :D),cut it after making a wish and coz I couldn't resist, I ate the first piece myself..Only after gulping down about two extra large pieces of the cake, did I start giving it to everybody :D Needless to say I was covered with cake after a few seconds and I posed gracefully ( I think!!!)for the camera :D..After that was the video, which damaged my image to the fullest extent  :)..(Thanks again Aarthi and Rash)..Then the gift came from Prithvi..a complete stationary set :D I am forever borrowing stuff from others and I start writing with whatever pen which is near to me :D So,Prithvi I would like to say a very BIG thank you again and I would be more grateful if you gave me the same thing next year too :D(coz,by then I would have definitely lost these!!! :( )Then came the top and I was wise enough to say nothing in front of all those people :) But, then Vaish was a little disappointed that her surprise didn't work out ( I had blurted it out earlier).Stupid, stupid me :(..
     My greatest surprise was yet to come, I found out later :).As soon as I entered the class Rags and Tharini gave me their gift and wished me :D..After the maths class was over, I went to the mess,ate and returned to the department coz I had lab :(..Just when I was about to comment "Life is so unfair"(My favourite dialogue),coz of the DE lab and stuff,Tharini told me she left her bottle in the canteen..We hurried back with her bringing her bag along and I, being my usual self, commented upon it ..to which she replied that she had a hundred rupees note in that bag!!!We went inside and we (at least I )started searching the place and when it was not there, started shouting at her, telling her that she was one irresponsible person and all that. To this little outburst of mine she smiled calmly and took out her water bottle from her bag. It was only then did I see the cake and my face actually glowed after seeing the strawberry cream (or so I was told :) )My astuteness must have suddenly disappeared :D..On the cake  kutti Vidya was written(which has sort of become my name, Thanks to Vignesh Sabarinath :P )..Anyways,It was one awesome cake :)Thank You so much guys :)
                 Above all the fun I had, you know what touched me the most? The fact that you cared enough to go to such lengths to make my birthday wonderful..Vaish that part was specifically meant for you :)(Sorry, I am not good at writing senti stuff )And to think I wanted to miss all this fun..I am stupid right? :D

6 comments:

  1. Wow!:D i js knew dat dey wer gonna giv sum surprise to u but din knw soooooo much hapnd at hostel!:D u r stirrin me lyk hel to join hostel!;) aaahh.. n so finally d Sherlock holmes a.k.a kutti Vidya has fallen to d final surprise!:D
    btw, Vaish deserves a spl mention coz she really really takes so much EFFORTS to mak special pepole 'special' especially on their special day!:))
    n vidya.. awesum post btw!:)u r gud at wordplay.. n keep writin many more such stuffs!:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm..!! such a brilliant idiot u r KUTTI VIDYA :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Santhosh..true,she is one awesome person :-)and thanks :-)
    Vignesh..just wait,my time will come some day :P
    Myworld..Thank You :-)
    Sakthivel..Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete