Friday, April 12, 2013

To the Best Seniors Ever!

                            As I sat there looking at my class,my eyes suddenly filled with tears.All of them were discussing the farewell plans and all I could think of was the three people whom we will surely miss.
                           I remember the first time you called me,Nandhini akka,'Antha kutti ponnu enge?' were your exact words and I didn't like you because of that.After that we used to smile wherever we met.Do you remember the day,you came and asked me hesitantly if I was free and if I could do a little obse work for you?By then I had started liking you so much that I couldn't say no and when I told this to Rags,she was angry with me,calling me stupid to agree,when I myself had so much to do(That was the start of your friendship,I guess)But then you gave me a kit kat which I think was the starting chocolate of all the chocolates you've given me till now!
                           When i met you,Roshani akka,my first impression was that you were a studious and intelligent person.But now I think,you are not at all studious but really really intelligent.What connected us initially was Vampire Diaries and Damon,I think.I remember one day when I came to your room at 12 in the night to get season 3 and you made me sit and watch the last 10 minutes of season 3,episode 10 and the whole night I could dream of nothing but that.
                           My first memory of you,Jana akka,is when you screamed because of a lizard which was residing in a corner of your room and since I had always thought of you as a mentally strong person,it amused me that you would be afraid of such a tiny little lizard.Your conversations with Nandhini akka are so damn hilarious.When we come to her for advice on a particular subject,your first reaction always is,'Namma ithellam padichoma?',and after getting to know you better,I realised that you really do not remember :).
                         Yes,we have had our differences.I remember the time when none of could bring ourselves to talk to you when you were in your 7th semester.That seems a long time ago,now.That we could conquer our differences and be on the best of terms (i.e. better than before) proves that our friendship was tested and it has stayed strong.
                          But to me,personally,your 8th semester has been really really emotional.There are so many memories that I'll cherish forever.Be it the n number of times we came to your room to do nothing but chat,or when we told you about our deep dark secret,or when we had to cut butterflies till 10 in the night-really enjoying the time together,or when we begged Nandhini akka to sleep in our room the night before POM UT.Those were the best times and my heart yearns for more such Instincts we can have together,but it is destined that we cannot have even a single more :( By now,the number of times you three have given us treat would have crossed infinity and the number of mango bytes I've had from you,Nandhini akka,whenever you come from home has been a partial cause of making me write this :P
                            Be it the time we went for Vishwaroopam or when we went to the stores(last week) I can never forget it mainly because you three were there.We really want to spend all our evenings in your room but these exams come in between us.As we said in our farewell invitation,the clock is ticking and the time we have left with you is numbered and maybe that's why I'm crying as I write this.I cannot imagine LH1 without you three and Don akka in room no.5 & 6.I simply cannot think of the time when you'll leave us,when we won't be able to see you anytime we want.Imagine coming from class and not coming to your room directly to have a chat and without you in the dept. corridors,life seems a little bleak,as if all joy has been washed away.When Vaish cried the other night,I thought I wouldn't,at least not till the farewell is over.But apparently ,it seems like I do not have a strong control over my emotions.
                           I know Roshani akka thinks we like Nandhini akka more,but then we love you no less.And though I know Jana akka,a lot less,you are one among my most favorite people in the world who can always,always make me smile.
                           Ours is a really special bond and I am truly happy that I chose to come here,to join ECE and to become your friend.
P.S. It was supposed to be touchy and 
I may not text,I may not call,but the three of you and the memories we share will last with me forever.See,you won't cry on Sunday because of me :)
And now I really have to search for a handkerchief. 
                           

No comments:

Post a Comment